Nostex is a small tech company based in Essex UK, founded by John Sexton in 2014.
I have a mixed background of music and web tech. Previously a mix DJ, started out with vinyl before moving to CDs and later experimented with DVS (digital vinyl systems). I worked for a London NHS for twelve years as a web developer before starting Nostex.
I have specialist experience with web accessibility and have a blog at www.abc4accessibility.com. I wrote the kindle book, Understanding Web Accessibility and People. I’m also an advercate of Braille and you can read a little on my site at www.braillemedia.co.uk.
More recently I have started working in sound design using virtual synths in Reason, the music software by Propellerheads. I also setup the Reason community website www.reasonremoter.uk, that offers information and downloads for the Reason MIDI control system called “Remote”.
Nostex have worked with many clients, helping people: build WordPress sites, learn to use WordPress with screen reader software, build custom web applications as well as audit and test websites for accessibility.
Some of these clients include:
- ACT (Arts, Coaching & Training), offering tactile sensery cards, coaching and training services.
- BTS (Braille Transcription Service), a Braille transcription service offering Braille transcribing and more.
- Describe Online, a community service to help visually impared navigate public transport and public places.
- MK Vinyl2CD, offering an audio transfer service, putting analogue cassette/vinyl on CD/USB sticks.
- Userite, an accessibility specialist, offering website audits & help with web accessibility.
Nostex offers the following services:
- Website builds, WordPress sites, ecommerse etc.
- Website accessibility audits, site testing & accessibility guidance.
- WordPress training, for both screen reader users and non screen reader users.
- Web application development using various open-source platforms & frameworks.
As well as this, Nostex also manages the following community websites:
Please complete the form to get in touch, we will aim to get back to you as promptly as possible.